Creation, management, and maintenance of information have become important issues. Information can be represented in relation with other information. Well defined relationship is core property of knowledge representation. In representing knowledge, mindmap is very informal and simple representation compare to concept map or semantic ontology, but it is very easy and flexible tool. Mindmap can be applied in various knowledge domains such as learning and business. There are some mindmap application software and services, but web-based mindmap are mostly Adobe Flash or special plug-in based. OKmindmap is a cross browsing mindmap service. This service doesn’t need any installation of plug-ins for any Web browsers. Many users can collaboratively work on same mindmap from different place. Twitter posts, Facebook post, Delicious bookmarking, and Google search results are integrated by using mash up service.
The service is provided as free on http://okmindmap.com.
- No plug-in: No active-X, no flash
- Any browser: IE 8, FireFox, Chrome, Safari (IE 8 is little slow)
- Collaboration: Share and work together (as many as 40 people and more)
- SNS: MashingUp data from Delicious, Twitter, Google, and Facebook
- Conversion: Currently support PPT, wiki, and html transformation
- More than text: Image, web-link inclusion, and videos
- Freemind compatibility: Import and export to freemind
- Web presentation: Prezi-like, Box, Aero, Linear, and Mindmap zooming
- HTML 5 support: SVG support and mobile web support for iPad, iPone, and Android
- Web-based 6 types Presentation template(Video)
- Using Mindmap for educational purpose.
- Collaboration of 40 students(Flash): This Flash file shows that about 40 students are sharing same map inputting some texts.
- SNS function demo(Flash): This Flash file shows how OKmindmap fetch data from Delicious, Twitter, and Face book. It also shows the OKmindmap can be embedded in Moodle.
- ePortfolio Application: This paper presented to eLearning Week conference on Sep. 2010. It describes how the OKmindmap can be used as a ePortfolio.
- SNS integration to OKmindmap and Moodle: This paper presented to eLearning Week conference on Sep. 2010. It describes how SNS (Twitter, Delicious, and Facebook) can be integrated to LMS or OKmindmap.
- Mindmap Overall: This paper will be presented to ICONI on Dec. 2010. It describes overall functionalities of OKmindmap.
- Mindmap integration as Moodle activity(Flash): This Flash file shows that OKmindmap can be integrated as Moodle activity.
On this Tutorial page you can learn how to use OKmindmap service.
– Video tutorial for OKMindmap
– Menu & use case: PPT manual
Basic Video Tutorial
Basic Tutorial 1 from Won Ho on Vimeo.
Intermediate Video Tutorial
Intermediate tutorial 2 from Won Ho on Vimeo.
How to upload camera image to node directly (video)
Four Simple Steps to Use OKMindmap
One Reply to “Introduction to OKMindmap”
Teacher How I can make a contribution of Languaje I would like participate making a Spanish Translate languaje?